Collector Specialist Description
Position: Collector Specialist
Department: Collector Services
We are looking for a Collector Specialist to join our team and coordinate with ownership in the execution of daily operations. Collector Specialists support the location by creating an inviting and friendly environment, while working to accomplish operational goals, visual and social media objectives, and generate sales through genuine and meaningful connections.
Soft Skill Expectations at Bubble Wrapp for Collector Specialist Brand Experience + Culture
- Brand Ambassador: acts as a brand representative while reflecting company values
- Customer Engagement: Uphold a collector-centric culture. It is important to demonstrate knowledge and enthusiasm during interactions, while also allowing collectors to absorb the store, and shop within their comfort zone. We do not subscribe to a pressure sales mentality. Each interaction is different, and we utilize intuition to gauge where people feel comfortable when it comes to engagement.
- Location Technology: deliver a seamless and convenient shopping experience through platform understanding and tool utilization (i.e., mPOS, POS, In-Store Pick Up)
Leadership + Team Management
- Lead by Example: actively create an energetic, positive, happy, and safe environment.
- Share Knowledge: take guidance from Lead Collector Specialist when teaching and sharing product, artist, designer, and manufacturer knowledge.
- Empowerment: take guidance from Lead Collector Specialist when exercising decision-making and multitasking capabilities while prioritizing “Collector First” service over shift-level tasks.
Visual + Business Operations
- Location Operations: support location management and operations leaders by participating in daily opening/closing location procedures, operational tasks as delegated, and individual projects as defined
- Product Flow & Stocking: coordinate & collaborate with key 3PL partners, location management, and operations leaders to efficiently execute shipment processing, restocking, and Collector Floor turnovers all while maintaining Bubble Wrapps’ visual and display standards; ensure omni channel orders are processed efficiently and accurately
- Awareness: adhere to and support location safety standards, inventory accuracy, shrinkage loss, and uphold all company policy and procedures to support profitability of the location (and thereby business)
Communication + Relationships
- Inclusion: contributes to an inclusive, happy, and safe work environment by actively listening to others, seeking different perspectives, and advocating for an equitable experience
- Mentorship: supports new hires during on-boarding, orientation, and training, while providing feedback to leadership team on associate performance and promotability; it's a team effort so every new specialist deserves the same level of support.
- Positivity: seek to create and develop new skills while being open and responsive to feedback, enhance Collector experiences through positive, happy, and authentic interactions
- Communication: stays current and responds to communication; contribute to sharing information with the team and leadership, actively participate in daily meetings, location initiatives, and brand goals
Duties and Responsibilities for Collector Specialist
A Collector Specialist takes guidance from Lead Collector Specialist when assisting leadership, management, and completing organization tasks to ensure Bubble Wrappers work efficiently and effectively during their shift. Depending on the shift, their duties include:
- Supporting employees and assisting with tasks as necessary
- Handling customer issues and managing conflicts
- Adhering to company policies and health, safety, and employment standards
- Assists with order pulling + packing activities
- Create ‘Hold Box’ with packing slip and updating in-stock items, plus update product notes with status
- Pull and pack orders with shipping label, prep for shipment
Skills and Qualifications for Collector Specialist
- Minimum 1 year of verifiable work experience in a sales/retail environment • Comfortable with workplace technology like registers, scheduling software, inventory management software
- Basic math skills
- Willingness to become subject matter experts on specified areas of industry, as set by management
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Leadership skills like decision-making, motivation, and goal setting
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and time management abilities
- Conflict resolution skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively